Dolores Contreras is the founder of Contreras Law. Ms. Contreras has extensive experience in the areas of civil litigation, business transactions, business litigation, and bankruptcy. Creative solutions is Ms. Contreras’ specialty when it comes to practicing law. Ms. Contreras has reputable trial and litigation experience and represents business entities and individuals in a wide array of legal matters.
San Diego Business Attorney Dolores Contreras’ experience, reputation and history of favorable outcomes resulted in her various nominations and awards, which include 2012-2013 The Daily Transcript’s Top Corporate Attorney and Real Estate Litigation Attorney, The National Latina Business Woman Association Entrepreneur of the Year Award, 2014 The Daily Transcript’s Young Influentials nominee, 2014 Latino Champion Awards Business Leader of the Year nominee, 2013 Woman Who Move the City Award finalist, 2013 San Diego Magazine’s Woman of the Year finalist, and named 2016 Super Lawyers Rising Star.
Attorney Contreras was recently featured on San Diego’s Channel 10 news for her work defending a cross-border litigation issue. Ms. Contreras’ involvement in the community is extensive and she has been selected as the premier attorney for the organization Abriendo Puertas to speak throughout San Diego on various bankruptcy and real estate issues.
Ms. Contreras attended University of California San Diego where she graduated with a major in Political Science. She then obtained her Juris Doctor degree from California Western School of Law in San Diego, California. Ms. Contreras has been licensed to practice law in the State of California since 2008. Ms. Contreras was formerly a shareholder at Boyd Contreras, APC.
Ms. Contreras is fluent in both English and Spanish.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Business Law
- Cross Border Litigation
- Real Estate
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Central District of California
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- California Western School of Law, San Diego, California
- Juris Doctor
- University of Califonia, San Diego
Honors and Awards
- 2014 The Daily Transcript’s Young Influentials 2014 Nominee
- 2014 Latino Champion Awards Business Leader of the Year Nominee
- 2013 Orange County Business Journal Women in Business Award Nominee
- 2013 Women Who Move the City Award Finalist
- 2013 Top Attorney Corporate Litigation Nominee
- 2013 Top Attorney Real Estate Litigation Nomine
- 2013 San Diego Magazine’s Woman of the Year Finalist
- 2009 National Latina Business woman Association Entrepreneur of the Year Award
- 2014 San Diego Magazine’s Woman of the Year Finalist
- Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2016
Professional Associations and Memberships
- California Bar Association
- San Diego County Bar Association
- Orange County Bar Association
- National Latina Business Women Association
- San Diego Realtors Association
- National Association of Realtors
- La Raza Lawyers Member
Pro Bono Activities
- Las Valientes Legal Speaking Event, September 27, 2014 – Present
- Abriendo Puertas, Speaking Events throughout San Diego
- English (Primary)