Shawn Gozarkhah is a founder and managing director of The Law Man Group. Shawn’s practice includes helping victims of personal injuries, as well as business law, workers’ compensation, premises liability, civil law, and real estate law litigants.
While in law school, he was a Dean’s Scholar, Jonathan Sobeloff Memorial Scholar, and was on the Pro Bono Pledge Honor Roll. Shawn served as editor and a contributor to The Georgetown Journal of Legal Ethics and participated in the Law Student Clinical Honors Program in the California Department of Justice for the Business & Tax section. He also served as an extern to the Honorable Judge Ellen Carroll in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Central District of California.
Education & Bar Admissions:
Shawn earned his bachelor’s degree cum laude and with honors from the University of California, Los Angeles where he was elected Pi Sigma Alpha. He was awarded his Juris Doctor degree from Georgetown University Law Center.
Shawn is a licensed real estate agent and a member of the American Bar Association and the Los Angeles County Bar Association. Shawn is licensed to practice law by the State Bar of California.
Awards & Appointments:
- Dean’s Scholar, Georgetown University, 2009-2012
- Jonathan Sobeloff Memorial Scholar, Georgetown University, 2010-2012
- Pro Bono Pledge Honor Roll, Georgetown University, 2010-2012
- Cum Laude, UCLA, 2009
- Pi Sigma Alpha, UCLA, 2005-2009
- Dean’s Honors List, UCLA, 2009
- Editor and Contributor, The Georgetown Journal of Legal Ethics, 2010-2012
- Law Student Clinical Honors Program, California Department of Justice, Business & Tax Section, 2011
- Extern to the Honorable Judge Ellen Carroll, U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Central District of California, 2010
Community Service, Pro Bono & Publications
- Outreach Coordinator, Words Work, American Bar Association Section of Dispute Resolution and JAMS Foundation, 2012
- Clinical Honors Intern, California Department of Justice, Business & Tax Section, 2011
- Extern, U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Central District of California, 2010
- Labor Intern, UCLA Downtown Labor Center, 2007
- Community Organizer, Service Employees International Union, 2007
- “Turnover: The Missing Metric” 25 Geo.J.Legal Ethics 555 (2012)