Attorney Jacob Eli Butler knew he wanted to have a career in law from an early age. His grandfather was afflicted by mesothelioma from exposure to Asbestos while on the job. The legal team that represented his grandfather made a big impact on Jacob and his family and the experience inspired him. He knew he wanted to help people through difficult times the way he and his family were helped through his grandfather’s illness.
Butler began his legal career by representing individuals who were injured on the job, like his grandfather. His dedication to securing justice for his clients allowed him to obtain multiple six-figure settlements on their behalf. HIs desire for justice and drive to help people continues to characterize his practice.
Attorney Butler was born and raised in Birmingham, Alabama. He attended Cumberland School of law after graduating from Jacksonville State University with honors. He believes that the highest honor anyone can give him is entrusting him to work on their legal case. As such, he gives each of his clients the attention they deserve and zealously pursues justice on their behalf.
When he’s not pursuing justice on behalf of his clients, Jacob enjoys spending time at Logan Martin Lake with his family, hiking, camping, and playing disc golf.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Workers’ Compensation
- Car Accidents
- Dog Bites
- Slip & Fall
- Trucking Accidents
- Wrongful Death
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Dangers and/or Defective Products
- J.D., Cumberland School of Law, Samford University, Birmingham, Alabama, 2014
- B.S., Criminal Justice, Jacksonville State University, Cum Laude, 2010
- The Supreme Court of Alabama
- Alabama Court of Civil Appeals
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Alabama
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Alabama
Professional Associations Memberships
- The Birmingham Bar Association
- Honors, Awards & Accomplishments
- The National Trial Lawyers: Top 40 Under 40
- Obtained a $45,000 jury verdict for the Plaintiff in Shelby County, Alabama