Ghislaine M. Storr Burks joined Gardner & Haney, P.C. in October 2014 and brought to the firm almost a decade of experience in handling serious criminal matters in jurisdictions throughout Virginia. Mrs. Burks has practiced almost exclusively in the area of criminal defense since 2005 representing adults and juveniles charged with criminal offenses including violent felonies, serious traffic offenses and misdemeanors in both District and Circuit courts. Mrs. Burks has also represented clients during criminal appeals in the Virginia Court of Appeals and the Virginia Supreme Court.
- Criminal Law
- Traffic Violations
Bar Memberships & Court Admissions:
- Maryland, 2005
- United States District Court for the District of Maryland, 2006
- Virginia, 2006
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia, 2008
- United States District Court for the Western District of Virginia, 2008
- United States Supreme Court, 2011
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology – Kalamazoo College, cum laude, 2002
- Juris Doctorate – Valparaiso University School of Law, 2005
Professional Affiliations & Memberships:
- Fredericksburg Area Bar Association
- Virginia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Virginia Trial Lawyer’s Association
- Virginia State Bar
Prior Legal Experience & Employment:
- Associate Attorney, Law Offices of Bruce A. Johnson, Jr. (Maryland)
- Associate Attorney, Livesay & Myers, P.C.
- Senior Associate Attorney, Livesay & Myers, P.C.
- Partner, Livesay & Myers, P.C.
Community Activities & Involvement:
- Adjunct Professor, University of Mary Washington – Introduction to Law and Legal Writing
- Member, Prelaw Advisory Board for the University of Mary Washington
- Coach, University of Mary Washington Mock Trial Team